The best of EVERYTHING in Havelock on a Low Budget
Want to do Havelock Island on a low budget? My Havelock Island post was very detailed, hence I am sharing a list of best of everything on the island for a backpacker’s budget:
1) Best Place to Eat: Welcome Dhaba (crab curry, prawn curry, fish curry, steamed fish, daal, etc). They have pancakes as well! It’s on beach #3 intersection road.
2) Best place to drink beer: BareFoot (Beach #7) or Wild Orchid (Beach #5). When we visited, there were very few places that had the liquor licence.
3) Best Spots to Chill: Beach #5, Neil’s Cove and KalaPathar beach (pics below)
4) Best way to get around: Hire a scooter. Havelock is bug and you will need a bike if you want to explore it.
5) Best area to stay: Beach 3 and 5 have affordable beach huts.
5) Best Dive Shop: Barefoot Scuba. Although the main Barefoot resort is on Beach #7, they have a dive shop on beach #3 and cottages for divers.
Best ONLY Place to Party: Havelock is not a party island, but if you can’t live without a party, then The Wild Orchid is the only option. They organize parties once in a while.
7) Best way to reach: Government operated Ferry from Port Blair. Tip: Stay on the front side of the deck and spot the flying fishes and enjoy this view. Click here for more details.
Do let us know about your experience and leave us a comment. Subscribe for our monthly newsletter and join the party!